Dhamma Talk Video 108: Views to Freedom, Views to Bondage
Here’s a 54-min recorded video Dhamma Talk (130MB .mp4).
- Food, no supper, sugar as an appetite suppressant, Views, freedom of speech, witchhunts, illiberal left, decisions, “book of agreements”, Miguel Ruiz, consilience, meditative attainment, mindfulness, wandering thoughts, depriving the mind of capacity for discursive thinking through selection of object(s) of meditation, ignorance, avijja, giving credit where it’s due
SN 20.1 - The Roof Peak - the presense/absense of ignorance can be a very reliable yardstick of ukskillful/skillful views.
SN 35.248 - The Sheaf of Barley
AN 4.61 - Worthy Deeds
AN 4.55 - The Same in Living. This is the closest thing in the EBTs to a “love story”, and has a concept similar to what the Christians would call “soul mates” (although in Buddhism, there is no “soul”, owing to anatta - the characteristic of not-self. Note that the next sutta, AN 4.56 also, has the same “soul mates” theme, but summarized.
References to Past Dhamma Talks:
- “Blessings of Modernity, and the Impact of Science on Buddhism” - on “tight” and “loose” culture
- the book “The 4 Agreements”, by Miguel Ruiz
- RSS feed of these postings: https://bhikkhu.ca/feed.xml (Paste this link into your favorite Podcatcher)
Digital Signing and Checksum (of the .mp4 video file above):
- GnuPG signature: Ajahn_Subharo_Dhamma_Talk_Stream_108.mp4.sig; search for GnuPG pubkey 0x28e15963710c0624 here.
- SHA256sum: cdb4e0a3a593d1d78cbeccbfc1a6b1471cd7511efbc192c3939f073efeac1d0f