Here’s an 58-min recorded video Dhamma Talk (120MB .mp4).
- Uposatha, Iti Pi So, fortnightly, Buddhism, ceremony, Visakha, Visākhā, performance review, merit, joy, devas, bad habits, communion, holy wafer, Sun god, Moon god, Paganism, Discourse SuttaCentral, thread, ecology, reverence, respect, Mother Earth, Gaia, Climate Change, environment, communal harmony, Sasanarakkha, 9pm, customs, traditions, Lunisolar Calendar, NASA, moon orbit, crookedness, reconing the Full Moon, Kathina
- “A single day lived awake to the undying state is of greater value than a hundred years lived without recognizing deathlessness.” - Dhp 114
- AN 3.70 - Uposatha
- MN 31 - The Shorter Discourse at Gosiṅga - The Venerables Anuruddha, Nandiya, Kimbila stay up late, discussing Dhamma. Sasanarakkha continues this tradition.
- Big discussion thread about last week’s Dhamma Talk here
- Animation of Moon’s orbit around Earth
- My older post about the Uposatha
- My older post about the lunisolar calendar
- My work: Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International (CC BY-NC-ND 4.0)
- Picture of the wobbling Moon Orbit is by Phoenix7777 - Own work Data source: HORIZONS System, JPL, NASA, CC BY-SA 4.0
Your Support is Most Appreciated:
- RSS feed of these postings: https://bhikkhu.ca/feed.xml (Paste this link into your favorite Podcatcher)
Digital Signing and Checksum (of the .mp4 video file above):