Here’s an 55-min recorded video Dhamma Talk (95MB .mp4).
Discord, laptop fan runs while sleeping, laptop I don’t trust, Social Media, Walled Gardens, Lords, “Loaf wards” of Popularity, Middlemen, Fox in charge of the henhouse, simplicity, net neutrality, non-greedy video resolution, Brahmacariya, celibacy, Brahmaviharas, Vinaya, Discipline, meditation, Psychology, healing the past, Compassion, Karuna, Sea change, attainment, measuring
Note: The part about Compassion starts at 38:40 in:
- The URL to download the 3300+ Dhamma Talks from (available until March 15) is here.
- Youtube videos which have many of the same messages as “The Social Dilemma”:
“The etymology of the English word “lord” is interesting: In Middle English it was laverd or loverd, which derived from the Old English hlaford (“master of the house”). But before that it was hlafweard, which meant literally “one who guards loaves of bread” (hlaf meaning “bread or loaf” and weard meaning “guardian, protector, or ward”).”
“There are a thousand hacking at the branches of evil to one who is striking at the root.” - Henry David Thoreau
Cory Doctorow: Neofeudalism and the Digital Manor
A chart of all the different sexuality types, as understood by Westerners:
- The concept of Brahmacariya - celibacy within the context of the lifestyle of an ordained, vocational spiritual Renunciate, such as Buddhist monks and nuns.
Hey, that chart would be incomplete without having “brahmacariya” on it (a good equivalent term, which Westerners would understand, and respect, would be “Master of One’s Domain”):
- George (from Seinfeld) bets as to who can be “Master of their Domain”
- Why is the flag hexagon-shaped? Because “Hexagons are the Bestagons”.
Your Support is Most Appreciated:
- RSS feed of these postings: https://bhikkhu.ca/feed.xml (Paste this link into your favorite Podcatcher)
Digital Signing and Checksum (of the .mp4 video file above):