Here’s an 61-min recorded video Dhamma Talk (113MB .mp4).
- Patience, effective communication, tone of voice, body language, penpals, “Penpal 2.0”, slowing life down, monasteries, analogy of a squirrel gathering nuts, and switching to another tree, attention, lengthening our attention, meditation, correspondance, Star Wars, Princess Leia, R2D2, holograpjhic message, “Help me Obi Wan”, Plain-Old-Telephone-Service (POTS), TV, resolution, bitrates, audio quality, video formats, .mp4, .mkv, uploads, Signal Private Messenger, Video calls, Audio calls, 5-minute “audio memos”, a lack of “video memos”
- Ovada Patimokkha: Khanti paramam tapo titikkha; “patient endurance is the foremost austerity”
- Sam Harris Podcast #226: “The Price of Distraction” (subscriber-only content), where he interviews Adam Gazzaley, who wrote the book The Distracted Mind: Ancient Brains in a High-Tech World
- OBS (Open Broadcast System), with custom settings for “Penpal 2.0” 14 MB video messages:
- VLC (for watching/listening to downloaded video or audio messages).
Your Support is Most Appreciated:
- RSS feed of these postings: https://bhikkhu.ca/feed.xml (Paste this link into your favorite Podcatcher)
- CTBC News Feed: https://canmoretheravadabuddhism.ca/1/news?format=feed&type=rss (Paste this link into your favorite Podcatcher)
Digital Signing and Checksum (of the .mp4 video file above):