Here’s a 60 min recorded video Dhamma Talk (300MB .mp4).
- Alms round, Canmore, Autumn, Steward, new Dhamma Talk time, poetry, art, appeal, Shakespeare, Social Media, keeping one’s cool, simile of a social media feed being like a “goat espresso”, anger management, disappointment, righteous indignation, truthful speech, chilling out, not exaggerating, spiritual development, metta, simile of Social Media being like a Hall of mirrors
Don’t run back to the past, don’t hope for the future. What’s past is left behind; the future has not arrived;
and phenomena in the present are clearly seen in every case. Knowing this, foster it— unfaltering, unshakable.
Today’s the day to keenly work— who knows, tomorrow may bring death! For there is no bargain to be struck with Death and his mighty hordes.
The peaceful sage explained it’s those who keenly meditate like this, tireless all night and day, who truly have that one fine night.
“…a mendicant may be the sweetest of the sweet, the most even-tempered of the even-tempered, the calmest of the calm, so long as they don’t encounter any disagreeable criticism. But it’s when they encounter disagreeable criticism that you’ll know whether they’re really sweet, even-tempered, and calm.”
References about disturbing Social Media trends:
- Documentary: “The Social Dilemma”
- ‘It makes you want to throw your phone in the bin’: The film turning teens off social media
Your Support is Most Appreciated:
- RSS feed of these postings: https://bhikkhu.ca/feed.xml (Paste this link into your favorite Podcatcher)
- CTBC News Feed: https://canmoretheravadabuddhism.ca/1/news?format=feed&type=rss (Paste this link into your favorite Podcatcher)